Re: best video card for bsds

From: Julian Stecklina <der_julian_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 00:49:17 +0200
darren_at_chatcanada.net writes:

> I've always had an nvidia card with my bsd, I use the 'nv' driver and not
> nvidia's driver as it is experimental and without updates.  I generally
> leave my display running and swap in and out of text mode without any
> problems.  I've never had a crash because of video except when using
> nvidia's own driver, which is simple to fix, telnet in, find the .X0-lock
> file, cat it, kill the pid.

I am quite pleased with the 4365 version of nVidia's driver. I never
had a panic/freeze with it, but then again I've never left it running
mor then some days. :) The only drawback is that you cannot use
libkse/libpthread.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Signed and encrypted mail welcome.
Key-Server: pgp.mit.edu         Key-ID: 0xD65B2AB5
FA38 DCD3 00EC 97B8 6DD8  D7CC 35D8 8D0E D65B 2AB5

Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program
contains an ad hoc informally-specified bug-ridden
 - Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming