Re: sio / puc wedging on both -current and -stable (with trace)

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:28:17 +1000 (EST)
On Tue, 18 May 2004, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 11:50 PM 17/05/2004, Bruce Evans wrote:
>
> >... Type "s", then hold down the Enter key to repeat the "s" command until
> >control returns here, then keep holding down the Enter key until something
> >loops (may take many hundreds of commands).  Record all the output using
> >a serial console (don't type it in) and send it to me.
>
> OK, I have a trace. Here is a quick snippet. I will send you the complete
> list which is quite long offlist

Oops, unfortunately my instructions weren't complete enough, so the
output is not useful and I'll have to ask you to repeat the work to
obtain it.  We're in in the interrupt handler for the same device as
the console and are typing input into the console, so the interrupt
handler will keep seeing console i/o (mainly echoed output) and will
never return.  To reach "here" (back in the same interrupt handler but
for the original, non-console interrupt), use "n" instead of "s".  "n"
doesn't stop again until the end of the function.  After "n", do 1
more "s" to leave the function.  Then (or before this too) do a "t"
to see where you are, and avoid going back too far.  If one of the
functions is looping, then "n" in it will just hang, and we want to
see it looping, not no output for it hanging.  After leaving siointr*,
you can try either "n" or "s" to go back further.  I think "n" will
work, but "s" would provide more information if I've forgotten something.

Keep not using PUC_FASTINTR.  The serial break only works for breaking into
non-fast interrupt handlers.

Continue offlist.

Bruce