Re: Stability issues with 5.2.1 p4

From: Brian Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:32:24 -0400
On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:16:43PM -0400, Tom Kiblin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running a dual xeon with hyperthreading, SCSI system, that
> constantly crashes under load.  The box is doing about 40mbs of
> transfer, and I get a panic with the following output on the screen:
>

> http://advancedhosters.com/zico.JPG
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

I have _no_ idea why it's enabled by default, because I can think of
nothing but harm coming from it, but please start by turning off the
sync-on-panic misfeature.  Try setting this in /etc/sysctl.conf:
kern.sync_on_panic=0

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \