Re: Swapping over ggate?

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:32:05 -0500
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 05:02 pm, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I'm not sure if you don't find some more, game you are playing is quite
> risky, but maybe it is worth to try.

You're right -- even with ggatel modified to call mlockall(), it still freezes
when the VM gets stressed:

swap_pager: I/O error - pageout failed: blkno 10787,size 20480, error 0
(a constant stream of these filling up the console, different blknos and
sizes)

Odd thing is, the system is still pingable over the network, but for some
reason I can't break into DDB from the console.

Oh well, no big deal, it was a crazy long shot to begin with :)  I'll just go
back to swap-over-md-over-vnode-on-ufs-over-vinum :D

Thanks,
Craig