Re: resolver problem with Opera

From: Robin Schoonover <end_at_endif.cjb.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:24:53 -0600
On Sat, 22 May 2004 13:15:20 +0200, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:

> It seems that Opera on -current ignores /etc/hosts on my system: the
> hostname I type in the address bar is resolved using the nameserver
> while there is an entry for it in /etc/hosts. Using konqueror, name
> resolution is as expected, it resolves to the local address specified
> in /etc/hosts.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think opera loads /etc/hosts into memory at
start, and never reads it again.  Sometimes it seems to check the
nameserver first, and -then- /etc/hosts, but usually it seems to check
/etc/hosts first.  I'm really unsure on what opera's logic concerning it
is, and it seems like opera is doing all the dirty work on its own.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#     double value;                /* or your money back! */