Re: USB patch for better bus_dma and detachment support

From: Ian Dowse <iedowse_at_maths.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:04:33 +0100
In message <40B11B6F.2070201_at_users.sourceforge.net>, Rob writes:
>Can I apply this patch also safely to STABLE?
>If not, then, if you make a patch for STABLE, I would test it right away!
>
>My umass storage USB toy, crashes the system when I umount it.
>I blamed the USB chipset (VIA 83C572 USB controller), but am still not sure,
>since I did not get much response from the STABLE list.
>
>It would be great if your patch would solve the crash!

The patch is against -CURRENT only. It might not be a lot of work
to port it to -STABLE, but I doubt I'll find time to do that soon
unfortunately.

It's quite unlikely that the patch will solve your crash anyway,
as the symptoms you describe don't sound related to the problems
the patch attempts to address. Did you post a stack trace for the
crash? (reply privately to me with details if you've aready posted
them somewhere).

Ian