Re: wi(4) and shared authmode

From: Martin <nakal_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:58:33 +0200
Am Tue, den 25.05.2004 schrieb Josh Elsasser um 2:35:

> You could always use IPSEC.  It's a bit more work to get up and
> running, but you can rest easy knowing you have actual security.

Yes, but many people don't even want that someone can connect
to their AP. They try to setup authmode or at least WEP.
I've turned on WEP and IPsec here, because of samba.
It broadcasts itself and it's not getting tunneled this way.
Has anyone a solution to this? (I mean: getting the
broadcast encrypted, not splitting the networks)

Martin