Fatal Trap 12 that goes away with NO ACPI --- anyone interested?

From: Klaus Robert Suetterlin <robert_at_mpe.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:24:03 +0200
Hi all,

with a CURRENT system (custom kernel) as of yesterday my server
(Proliant ML350/G1) gets a fatal trap 12 during bootup just after
detecting my chipset.  I can get away with it by booting without
ACPI.  Is anyone interested in a more detailed analysis.  I can
only work in robot mode --- i.e. someone has to tell me which
information (crash dump, stack backtrace, function name, etc.) (s)he
needs and I can send it.

Regards, Robert S.