Re: correction: fatal trap 12 when booting without ACPI (was wrongly Re: Fatal Trap 12 that goes away with NO ACPI --- anyone interested?)

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:16:06 -0500
In the last episode (May 25), Klaus Robert Suetterlin said:
> I'm sorry, I mixed it all up:
>
> - The sytem hangs with fatal trap 12 if I use default, which is
> without ACPI (because my loader.conf does not contain
> ``acpi_load="YES"'').
>
> - And it boots ok, when I choose the second (beastie boot menu) entry,
> which is with ACPI _enabled_ in my case.

I got this also when I was trying to get rid of some silo overflows on
my laptop last night.  I tried booting without ACPI and got a trap 12
in module_lookupbyname+0x13, called by the swapper process.  If I had
known other people were getting it I would have written down
everything.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com