Re: anoncvs.FreeBSD.org gone?

From: Hans Lambermont <hans_at_lambermont.dyndns.org>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:29:16 +0200
Allan Fields wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 09:17:51AM +0100, Colin Percival wrote:
>>   This may be a silly question, but why do you need anoncvs?
> anoncvs access might still
> be useful for those who don't want to maintain a local mirror but
> still desire to use cvs to access the sources (for example: occasional
> use, to get specific version of single binary sources, remote use
> via slow dial-up [me a few years back], just to look at logs, etc.)

Exactly. I prefer shell based cvs commands to occasionally check source
changes and commit logs when I up my -current laptop. Keeping a complete
repository around is not an option; my laptop's disk is too small, and I
upgrade on different places, so I don't always have a fat disk around on
another system.

-- Hans