fxp0: device timeout

From: Tony Maher <tonymaher_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:10:03 +1000 (EST)
Hello,

(on compaq Evo N610c)

I just ran cvsup and did make world.  All seemed ok, after make installkernel
reboot I did my usual ping test to make sure network was ok before running
installworld/mergemaster.  However after I had been logged in for no
more than a couple of minutes my usb mouse froze and console gave
fxp0: device timeout
and no network response.  THe usb mouse and fxp0 share the same interrupt
so I removed mouse and rebooted.  Same problem.  Network initially works
(can scp a few meg) but dies soon after login.

I have reverted back to older kernel (may 23) but still running latest
userland and everything seems fine.  I'll plan to cvsup to earlier date
and rebuild world to a consistent state but probably
wont get to do this till tomorrow.

from current setup
vmstat -i
interrupt                          total       rate
irq0: clk                          72368         99
irq1: atkbd0                        2968          4
irq6: fdc0                             5          0
irq8: rtc                          92629        127
irq10: fxp0 ohci0++                38484         53
irq11: cbb0 cbb1++                 42139         58
irq12: psm0                           54          0
irq13: npx0                            1          0
irq14: ata0                        13551         18
irq15: ata1                           36          0
Total                             262235        361

--
tonym