Re: reboot and shutdown don't work, suspect acpi

From: Bryan Liesner <bryan_at_kishka.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 30 May 2004, Kenneth Culver wrote:

> Quoting Bryan Liesner <bryan_at_kishka.net>:
>
>> On Sun, 30 May 2004, Paul Murphy wrote:

>>> Ditto, Elitegroup L7VMM3
>>>

>> I was taking a closer look and the acpi commits seem fine.
>> Using all of the lastest sources and then reverting
>> i386/i386/intr_machdep.c back to 1.5 seems to alleviate the problem.
>>
>> It was checked in around the same time as all of those acpi commits.
>>
> That would explain it. Although backing out another commit doesn't seem like
> good fix to me.
>
> Ken

Agreed.  Just a high level cause and effect analysis.  But, this at
least a temporary fix for me. Perhaps that commit could be uncovering
a different issue altogther, or _is_ the issue, at least for some
hardware configurations.

= Bryan D. Liesner            LeezSoft Communications, Inc. =
=                             A subsidiary of LeezSoft Inc. =
= bryan_at_kishka.net            Home of the Gipper            =