config/kernel version mismatch after cvsup

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 03:17:56 +0200
Hello,

I cvsuped CURRENT today, wanting to test some new things that have gone into
the tree. However I now get:

   ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
   config version = 500012, version required = 500013

   ... etc, during 'make buildkernel KERNCONF=THUNDERBOLD' (happens with
   GENERIC too).

To be certain I didn't accidentally cvsup in the middle of an update I have
cvsuped again a few hours later, but I still have the same problem.

The only thing I could think of was that it was caused by me running a kernel
newer than userland (though I would expect the above to refer to the source
tree only?), so I booted a kernel matching my userland (5.2-RELEASE) but am
still getting the same error.

What am I missing?

(I did the full 'make cleandir && make cleandir && make buildkernel
KERNCONF=THUNDERBOLT' sequence, not just 'make buildkernel')

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org