Re: config/kernel version mismatch after cvsup

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:33:31 +0200
> > What am I missing?
>
> The correct update sequence documented in the handbook and UPDATING.

Where exactly is this documented? I was pretty darned sure I was following the
official procedure (it's not the first time I've done this), and indeed when
I re-read:

   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

I cannot find any step that I am missing. Nor can I find anything in UPDATING
(except -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE which is not documented in the handbook, but
didn't help in this case). And I *did* check UPDATING before trying to build,
but found no new entries regarding specific problems at the moment.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org