Re: gmirror help

From: Tommi Lätti <sty_at_iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:54:45 +0900
Christian Hiris wrote:
> If you run a swap partition on your mirror, you need to add swapoff="YES" to
> your /etc/rc.conf. I also had to change gdm to use 'shutdown -r now' instead
> of reboot.

Thank you, that fixed it. I should have realized that I need to turn
swap off beofre boot as it's been discussed on this list before. Shame
on me :)

> The "error=17" messages look like there are some old entries left in your
> disklabels.

That must be it. I played around with the mirror before doing the final
installation so there definetly might be something there hiding. Any way
to remove those so they won't bother my logs anymore?

Also, if somebody could give some insight that is my choice for the
balance algorithm (load) a sensible one? There seems to be little or no
documentation about the subtle differences. (I'm not interested in
thruput, just reliability and seek times...)

--
br,
Tommi