Re: SMP hangups with FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE

From: Rink Springer <rink+fbsdcurrent_at_il.fontys.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:48:44 +0100
Hi everyone,

> Alas, even a simple kernel build seems to be enough to solidly hang
> Charm. I am unable to send a break over the console to try to break into
> the debugger. Disabling SMP may avoid the problem, I have tried this now
> in a new kernel. This seems to make the box stable.

Hmmz, seems I did speak too soon. The only way I can make this box
stable is by removing the SCSI controller (which worked perfectly using
Linux) and insert an IDE disk.

This is for the Dual Pentium III (http://rink.nu/tmp/charm.txt), the
other box hasn't been tested futher (it seems to be kind of stable now)

Regards,
Rink Springer