Re: [FreeBSD 5.3-RC2] Processes STILL hanging in unkillable state

From: Paul Murphy <paul.murphy_at_cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 23:36:18 -0500
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 03:29:10 +0100
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net> wrote:

 Sorry, forgot to 'Reply All'.

> Could all people who are seeing this please post their kernel
> configurations, sysctl.conf and perhaps some system details (platform,
> UP/MP), too.
>
> Since I and nobody else of the KDE/FreeBSD people have yet seen this
> problem and we're practically all running RELENG_5/RELENG_5_3 all the
> time, I'm curious what might trigger this.

 For me XMMS locks up occasionally in STOP state upon playlist advance
(i.e. song change). Without any proof I suspect GTK 1. I have installed
beep-media-player (based on XMMS) which is a GTK 2 app and have been
playing it for the last 3 days non-stop (in all senses of the word).

 Running 6-CURRENT (cvsup'ed 24/10/04 12:04 am, or thereabout)
 XOrg 6.7.0
 KDE 3.3.0
 XMMS-Esound 1.2.10
 GTK 1.2.10
 GTK 2.4.9

 All ports are kept as up to date as humanly possible.

--
Cogeco ergo sum