Re: [FreeBSD 5.3-RC2] Processes STILL hanging in unkillable state

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:25:01 -0800
Ken Smith wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:34:26PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

>>Looking at all of these, I fail to see anything "special" that all these
>>machines have in common - looks like there's a full range from tuned
>>configurations with eyebrowraisers like PREEMPTION to almost-unmodified
>>GENERIC and pretty different hardware, too. :(
>>
>>So if anybody spots something interesting here after all, or thinks Marc
>>Ramirez backtraces / debug sessions reveal anything about the bug, please
>>take over...

if you can get to teh kernel debugger on a serial link, (there is a
sysctl to drop yuo into it) then
the appropriate lines of 'ps' would be interesting.
also x/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx {address}
where address is the address of the ksegrp in question (in threaded
processes) myght be interesting.
(you can get that from the ps in ddb)

>In particular if you manage to wedge processes in an unkillable state
>the output of "ps -o f -l" might be useful.  I'd like to see all of the
>flags set for a process that gets wedged.

please also add the -H option to show the threads in question.