Re: cvs commit: src/sys/sys buf.h

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:42:25 +0100
Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:15:44 +0100
> "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>

>>I have issued several such with varying degree of details, but we
>>don't have a common place where things are put into the "big overview".
>

> We have the project pages, we have the possibility to use the wiki and
> we have people.freebsd.org. I don't ask for the big FreeBSD picture, we
> can't have an official one. But if someone works on something and he has
> a picture of what he wants to accomplish, we have enough resources to
> put it online.

I'd really like to have an official FreeBSD Wiki as part of the FreeBSD
website (or possibly wiki.freebsd.org).  All committers and some other
selected people will have full write and edit access.  Outsiders should
have the ability to add comments to the wiki pages.  All the outdated
project pages on freebsd.org would move over there.

This would help us a lot in having a better documentation.  Wiki's are
extremely easy to work with, allow to get a lot of information organized
quickly and are quickly updated.

Yes, I would set up this between christmas and new year either alone or
together with someone else if it is not done by then by some other folks.

--
Andre