Re: gvinum remains broken in 5.3-RELEASE?

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:30:16 +1030
On Sunday,  7 November 2004 at 11:04:13 +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Saturday,  6 November 2004 at 18:39:13 +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 06:03:20PM +0100, Matthias Schuendehuette wrote..

>>> My apologies if I made you upset...
>>
>> Oh, not upset.  Problem is that there are most likely lots of other
>> bugs still in 5.3-R.
>>
>> Thing is, at some point we just need to call it a day and put the
>> generated bits on the ftp-servers.  Otherwise there would never
>> be a RELEASE..
>
> I can appreciate that the leadup to 5.3-RELEASE has been painful, but
> what's the purpose of a release which doesn't work?  For a large
> number of Vinum users, 5.3 will be a release to avoid.

Scott Long has taken offence to this statement and asked me to retract
it.  My apologies to Scott for the unintentional offence.  My
statement is utter hogwash and an incredible insult to everyone
involved.  I've done an incredible disservice here.  Of course Vinum
users don't need to avoid 5.3-RELEASE.

Greg