Re: FreeBSD 6.0 and onwards

From: Matthias Schuendehuette <msch_at_snafu.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:19:05 +0100
Hi all,

> We are still debating the exact time line, but it will fall somewhere
> between doing a new -STABLE branch every 12-18 months, and doing point
> releases every 4-6 months.

I could live with that if the source upgrade path would become less
bumpy between major releases. This concerns esp. the removing of old
files from the previous release.

I don't want to reinstall a server every 12-18 month (o.k. let's say
every two years) from scratch, esp. if it's a "major release by force"
which could also be an additional point-release.
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F