Re: asymmetric NFS transfer rates

From: Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:04:39 +0100
Am Montag, 8. November 2004 04:29 schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> Am Dienstag, 2. November 2004 19:56 schrieb Doug White:
> > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Robert Watson wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Emanuel Strobl wrote:
[...]
> Now back to my real problem: Can you imagine that NFS and twe are blocking
> each other or something like that? Why do I get such really bad transfer
> rates when both parts are in use but every single part on its own seems to
> work fine?

I don't think so but by chance, can it have todo with this bug (from TWE(4)):
BUGS
     The controller cannot handle I/O transfers that are not aligned to a
     512-byte boundary.  In order to support raw device access from user-
     space, the driver will perform alignment fixup on non-aligned data.  This
     process is inefficient, and thus in order to obtain best performance
     user-space applications accessing the device should do so with aligned
     buffers.

Thanks,

-Harry