Re: Bogus hipoint driver thread

From: Richard Coleman <rcoleman_at_criticalmagic.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:32:09 -0500
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I have no hipoint controller, yet when I shut down I see:
>
> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `hpt_wt' to stop...done
>
> Why ?

I think it turned up on 5-stable about the time that Scott merged the
highpoint raid driver.  I'm seeing that thread as well.  At the time of
the merge, I didn't change anything on my system other than the merge of
the highpoint line in GENERIC into my own kernel config file.

Richard Coleman
rcoleman_at_criticalmagic.com