Re: Atheros driver supporting 2 SSIDs

From: Marcos Biscaysaqu - ThePacific.net <marcos_at_ThePacific.Net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:13:30 +0000
 We are already doing that, with multiples APs. We got more than 300 BSD
clients connecting to the APs, but that solutions it is good, but still
has some problems, the biggest problem is when the AP send and recive
inthe same time.  the Atheros cards already split the traffic in rx/tx
to run as a turbo option, what I say is if we could send the tx traffic
one way and the rx in other way, will fix 80% of the WISP problem. this
it is already prove with some commecial unit  spliting the rx/tx traffic
creating speed up to 45Mb/s each way, with no colitions and very smooth
connections (Aeras, Orthogon, mikrotik). Im no idea how the chipset and
the driver work, what Im very sure is if this is possible it is a very
atractive option for outdoor wireless.

cheers
Marcos Biscaysaqu
ThePacific.net