Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO

From: Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:54:12 -0800
* Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org> [041029 02:45] wrote:
> * Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU> [041029 01:40] wrote:
> >
> > I was editing todo.sgml when your two commits came through.  Not quite
> > sure what to do with it now.
>
> If "re" thinks it's a proper fix, then recommit it as "submitted by".

Hi Ken, it has come to my attention that people were extremely
offended by my behavior towards you.  I wanted to apologize for
involving you on the brunt end of something that was neither your
fault nor your duty.

It was wholly and unequivocally my "bad" or my misconception to
expect that this list be updated to reflect work that I'd done, and
I wish to apologize for attempting to "call" the release engineering
team on giving credit for work done.

I'm very sorry if I caused you any distress, and I understand that
this is a volunteer project where every little bit of work contributed
is done at that person's discretion of their ability and want to
contribute time and effort to this project.  I understand that my
behavior may have had a negative influence on your feelings towards
the project and want to apologize for that.

I can only try and hope to be more considerate in the future.

My apologies,
-Alfred