Re: [TEST] make -j patch [take 2]

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:19:41 +0100
Can we let this stuff die for now and get some experience with the
code in the tree ?

I am not against further improvements, but I want to make sure they
_are_ improvements before we do them.

One other thing I want people to be aware off is that optimal -j
argument now is likely different from what it was previously.

Based on my experiments I think that a good starting point is the
number of cpus plus one or two.

(I'm very interested in benchmark results of course).