Re: Passwd format?

From: Eirik Øverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:07:13 +0100
Hi,

On the OpenLDAP homepages are a collection of tools that can be used to
import existing passwd (and other) data sources into LDAP. I have done
this on my ex-NIS-server, and am now using LDAP on all the other
servers to authenticate. The passwords were imported just fine, and are
working just fine.

Took me a while to find those tools though; look here:
http://www.padl.com/OSS/MigrationTools.html

You might have to hack the scripts slightly to have them run on
FreeBSD, but it took me about 2 minutes to do so. Amazing how easy it
was after having tried myself for the last 2 days... ;)

Good luck!

/Eirik