Re: split rx and tx traffic on Atheros crads.....

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:47:35 -0800
Marcos Biscaysaqu - ThePacific.net wrote this message on Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 16:19 +0000:
> One of the biggest problems on the wireless traffic in WISPs start when
> the Access Point start to get a lot incoming and outgoing traffic in the
> same time, I was thinking  if we could run 2 wireless cards both as
> Access Point but one card as rx only and another as tx mode, plus if we
> could just set 2 ssid in a Bsd client one for rx and other as tx we
> could increase the bandwidth on the Access point in two times and make
> the connections work a lot smooth and faster ( im not sure if this is
> possible I could be very wrong) at the same time If  this it is possible
> we could run 2 wireless cards each end with the rx and the tx separeted
> and get for example 108mb each way (with dual polarization antennas).

Nope, you are not crazy, this is entirely doable...  You just need to
make sure your routing gets handled properly at both ends...

(On a system, when I would plug into the wired network, but leave my
wireless up, I would send my wireless traffic out the wired interface,
because of the new default route, and receive the responses via
wireless.  Just a modified version of what you talk about.)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579