Re: Deadlock problems with 'kill PID' on CURRENT

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:45:01 -0700 (MST)
In message: <m3wtwmtyh4.fsf_at_merlin.emma.line.org>
            Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
: "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson_at_dsto.defence.gov.au> writes:
:
: > Robert, what is an NMI button ?
:
: A button - usually on server and high-availability hardware,
: next to the RESET button. NMI is a non-maskable interrupt,
: i. e. one that software cannot opt out of.

Or you take a paperclip, and short out A1 and B1 together on the ISA
bus.  I have an old, cast off ISA card that I have rigged up in two
ways.  One: I have a switch, and two I have a one shot detector on the
// port that also brings #IOCHK low and then high...

Warner