Re: Replacing passwd?

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:17:47 +0100
Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 18), Ivan Voras said:
> passwd just uses PAM to set passwords, so the cleanest way would be to

I see in the source that it calls some pam_* functions (I'm not an
expert...), so it should probably be documented in the man page.

> have a pam_smb module that does the password changes, and add it to
> /etc/pam.d/passwd , or maybe tell have pam_ldap do it.

The LDAP user entry contains both password used for unix (userPassword)
and NT passwords (sambaNTPassword, sambaLMPassword) - can PAM modules be
"stacked" to update all those fields? (if so, how? :) )

I still feel that installing pam_smb would not be a good idea since I'm
authenticating on the FreeBSD machine just fine using only pam_ldap.