Re: NDIS miniport wrapper: routines probably not implemented

From: Mauro Triulzi <triulzi_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:29:35 +0100
George Hartzell wrote:

>Mauro Triulzi writes:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I have a problem with the ndis miniport wrapper for my thinkpad T42p:
> >
> > My WLAN Card is a built in (IBM) MiniPCI 802.11a/b/g WLAN Card in the
> > IBM Thinkpad T42-2373-WBZ P-M/1.7.
> > I downloaded the drivers for Windows 2000/XP from
> > [...]
>
>I know that I'm not answering the question you answered, but I use the
>atheros driver on my T42p w/ it's a/b/g mini-pci card.  Have you tried
>it?
>
>g.

Hello George,

thank you for your advice. I tried the atheros driver from

http://www.phoenixnetworks.net/atheros.php

The version 3.1.1.50 (recommended) doesn't work. I've tried  also the
driver for the CM-9 series
but it doesn't work neither. The module if_ndis loads in every case
nicely in the kernel
(no page fault here), but the card doesn't show up in the output of dmesg.

So I stick with my opinion that I tried the right driver (see my 1st
E-mail), but the the ndis module
doesn't implement enough API to support it (I bought my Thinkpad very
recently).

Kind regards,
Mauro