Re: ATI TV Wonder support

From: Justin Hibbits <jrh29_at_po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:29:13 -0500
On Nov 22, 2004, at 21:22, Anish Mistry wrote:

> On Sunday 21 November 2004 10:00 pm, Justin Hibbits wrote:
>> This patch gives more or less full ATI TV Wonder support to the bktr
>> driver.
>>
> Awesome.
>> The sound doesn't mute at close, but that might be xawtv's fault, but
>> don't know which to accuse or look at.  But, other than that, it seems
>> pretty good.
>>
> I've having some trouble using it though, the sound doesn't seem to
> work
> just as before.  Is there something extra I need to add to my kernel
> besides bktr?
> On boot:
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe3101000-0xe3101fff irq 11 at device 8.0
> on
> pci0
> bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> bktr0: Detected a MSP3445G-B8 at 0x80
> bktr0: ATI TV Wonder, Philips NTSC tuner, msp3400c stereo.
> pci0: <multimedia> at device 8.1 (no driver attached)
> And when I start it:
> bktr0: Detected a MSP3445G-B8 at 0x80
>
> You should also send-pr this if you haven't already.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Anish Mistry

Oh, you need to build it with the msp3400c driver, so add the line:

options BKTR_NEW_MSP34XX_DRIVER

to your config file.  The card doesn't have any mux, only that chip, so
you need the driver.  I've found a hackish solution to the sound
problem, by resetting the card on exit.  It's horrible, so I won't
include it in the patch, but it works for me.  If you want to use this
too, add:

	if (bktr->card.msp3400c )
		msp_dpl_reset( bktr, bktr->msp_addr );

to bktr_core.c, at line 1171.

I'll resend my previous message as a send-pr later, when I have a
little more time to test it.

- Justin
--
"And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of 15 things, all
annoying" -- Lt. Cmdr Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5