Transparent bridges (a. k. a. HUB-to-PCI bridges)?

From: Jung-uk Kim <jkim_at_niksun.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:26:38 -0500
While I was booting Linux, I saw a 'transparent bridge' from dmesg and
started digging up because I was fighting against 'interrupt
storming' and 'stray IRQ' problems with the latest Intel chipsets
recently and I had a feeling that it's somehow related.

http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/pci/probe.c?v=2.6.8.1#L195
http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/i386/pci/fixup.c?v=2.6.8.1#L192
http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/i386/pci/irq.c?v=2.6.8.1#L870
http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/i386/pci/irq.c?v=2.6.8.1#L1017

But I don't see any special treatment in FreeBSD's PCI driver.

1.  Is this relevant for FreeBSD?
2.  Is this related to the problems (esp. SMP)?

Thanks,

Jung-uk Kim