if_pcn & netfinity 5500

From: Putinas Piliponis <Putinas.Piliponis_at_hansa.lt>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:59:28 +0200
Hello,

Maybe this is not best place to ask, but...
I have a problem using amd network card on netfinity 5500 server.
If I boot up server with network cable pluged in (very normal situation :)
pnc driver recognizes it what supported media is 100BaseTX <hw-loopback> and
thats it.
network is not working of course.

I look in google and found what same workaround from 4.x times still works
ok
If I boot up kernel without attached lan cable and attach it later - then it
gives correct
100BaseTX <full-duplex>.
Any patch or more comfortable workaround for this ?