Re: usb problem, triggered by ndis

From: Paulius Bulotas <paulius_at_devnull.lt>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:10:52 +0200
Hello,

On 04 11 25, Paulius Bulotas wrote:
> upgraded to todays -current and now I'm experiencing little annoying
> problem with my usb devices. Output from log:
>
> kernel: ndis0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter> mem 0xc0200000-0xc0200fff irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci2
> kernel: ums0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
> kernel: ums0: detached
> moused: unable to open /dev/ums0: No such file or directory
> kernel: ndis0: link up
> The ports seem to be dead (tested with ums, umass) after I enable ndis.
> These problems of course could be related to recent changes to usb code?

strange thing ;) I moved usb support to modules, downgraded uhci.c to
revision 1.156 and everything worked as expected ;) then tried upgrading
uhci.c until 1.159, ant whats strange, it works now with latest
version...
At first I thought, that's hardware conflict (since intel wlan uses irq
11, and usb uses 11 and 5), but now it works.

Paulius
P.S. ipw was behaviour regarding ums was the same, except that it
paniced FreeBSD in the end ;)