fsck/mount breakage in -current since 25th (/usr affected)

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:20:52 -0800
Hi,

This issue has already been reported by mkm_at_ so apologies if this is
a duplicate, thought I should chime in too.

The mount code reports that /usr is not clean, yet fsck claims to have
marked /usr clean after its usual post-boot background preen (even if
I am dropped into single-user mode, unmount, and force a foreground fsck).

Therefore multi-user mode boot fails.
mkm_at_ reports this issue since the 25th Nov. I only noticed it today.

The workaround which mkm_at_ and I are currently using is to add the -f
flag to /etc/rc.d/mountcritlocal - this is not desirable for many reasons!

Can anyone advise on resolution of the problem?

Many thanks,
BMS