Problem with 5.3 beta 6 release

From: Roth, Ian <rothi97_at_arcadia.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:11:41 -0400
Hi,

 I attempted to install the latest beta release of FreeBSD 5.3 on a RAID of two drives which mirrored each other.  The drives
are connected to a Soyo SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition which has an integrated Highpoint-tech hpt372 RAID
IDE controller.  I used the ftp installation method using the three floppy disk images found on the FreeBSD ftp server.
Installation proceded as it had in previous versions that I have used (5.2 and 5.2.1).  During the disk selection screen, I
choose the raid array rather than one of the individual disks that make up the array as in previous installations.  Everything
installed correctly and I rebooted.  It was at that time that the RAID controller reported that the array named FreeBSD had
become corrupted due to a missing disk, however both disks were present and working.  What was even more shocking
was that the mirroring array between the two disks had before the installation been named MaxtorHD rather than FreeBSD.
I am not sure how this happened, but I am also now having trouble reestablishing a mirroring array between the two disks.
I am not sure how many people use this hardware, but I for one am having trouble with it and the latest beta of FreeBSD.

rothi97_at_arcadia.edu