5.3: /stand/ versus /rescue/ ?

From: spam maps <spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

On my cvs-updated 5.3 system I have /stand/ and
/rescue/.

/rescue/ is updated according to cvsup/makeworld etc.,
but /stand/ is not. Is /stand/ becoming redundant?
Should these two directories be merged into a single
/rescue/?

I notice following differences. Files and directories
that are in /stand/, but not in /rescue/:

    /rescue/-sh
    /rescue/arp
    /rescue/boot_crunch
    /rescue/cpio
    /rescue/find
    /rescue/minigzip
    /rescue/ppp
    /rescue/sed
    /rescue/sysinstall
    /rescue/usbd
    /rescue/usbdevs
    /rescue/etc/
    /rescue/help/

Moreover, for those files that are in both, the
/stand/
ones are obviously older than the ones (from cvsup
process) in /rescue/.

Regards,
Rob.