[5.3-BETA6] problems with sysintall

From: Jose M. Alcaide <jose_at_we.lc.ehu.es>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:06:23 +0200
I have just installed 5.3-BETA6 on my old laptop using a CD built from
the disc1 ISO image, and I found several problems:

1. The spacebar does not work with the first sysinstall menu. The other
submenus seem to accept the spacebar just fine, however.

2. A GUI selection (KDE, GNOME) is not being offered at the
configuration stage. I know that X configuration has been removed from
sysinstall, but I think that the GUI selection should be offered
anyway.

3. Some package mess: sudo is in the CD but does not show in INDEX.
There is no KDE metapackage. Some GNOME dependencies are missing
(libtiff at least). Possibly more...

--
***** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose_at_we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas_at_FreeBSD.org *****
*****         "Go ahead... make my day" --  Harry Callahan         *****