Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 available

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:34:52 +0200
El Lunes, 4 de Octubre de 2004 16:10, Scott Long escribió:
> The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is proud to announce the
> availability of FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7.  This is the seventh and final
> BETA of the 5.3 release cycle.  It is intended for early adopters and
> those wishing to help find and/or fix bugs.  The 5.3 release cycle
> will follow on next with an RC1 release candidate unless significant
> show- stopper bugs are found.  The schedule can be found at
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/schedule.html.  Be sure to check
> the "Known Issues" below as there are known problems that are still
> being worked on at this time.
>
> IMPORTANT:
> BIND 9.3.0 has replaced BIND 8.x as the default name server.

At last here, BETA7 come with a populated /var/named.

/junk/tmproot/var/named
/junk/tmproot/var/named/dev
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/master
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/slave
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost.rev
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost-v6.rev
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/named.root
/junk/tmproot/var/named/etc/namedb/make-localhost
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var/dump
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var/log
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var/run
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var/run/named
/junk/tmproot/var/named/var/stats

we've used /var/named for ages without this layout.
Is this really needed?
This breaks our update plans.
Also, I think this is not well documnted on UPDATING

--
  josemi