Re: Wierd Xorg and Fluxbox menu behavior!

From: Robin Schoonover <end_at_endif.cjb.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:34:47 -0600
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:27:37 -0500
jesse marquez <jmarquez_at_x25.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT
>
>    I'm having a wierd issue with my current setup. I've just recently
> updated my source and have done build world and all that jazz. I may
> have done something wrong during mergemaster because now I'm unable to
> run Xorg properly. I've pin pointed the problem to the fluxbox menu.
> This is all under the user enviorment, I can right click on my mouse
> to pull up the fluxbox menu and I can scroll down with my mouse and
> select any of the first three options(eterm, firefox, run). As soon as
> my mouse goes over one of the listed directories, say for example
> "Terminals ->" , X crashes! The wierd thing about this situation is
> when I use my keyboard arrors instead of my mouse to scroll down the
> fluxbox menu, I'm able to go over the directories and navigate just
> fine! Log files don't say much about it either.......

I see from /var/log/messages here that fluxbox, not X is crashing. I've
noticed that with debugging malloc options enabled using the slit will
crash fluxbox.  Something similar here might be occuring  (maybe try to
disable debugging malloc options (ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf)? )

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#