SiS 962/963 support?

From: Rick Morris <rmorris_at_mos.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:47:58 -0400
None of the betas for 5.3 will boot on my systems with the SiS 962 IDE
controllers. I notice that they are not listed in the Handbook under
supported
hardware. Can anyone tell me whether there are plans to support this
chipset, and if so, what the status is? I've found various posts in
-bugs and other lists mentioning this chipset in the past, but there
seems to be no discussion of this for 5.x. All of our deployed units
with 5.2.1 boot fine with this chipset, but 5.3 freezes on the ado: and
acdo: messages in boot. Even CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work, requiring a
manual shutdown.

If anyone has worked on this problem, my company would be very
interested in talking with you.

Thanks,

--
Rick Morris