Re: New BIND 9 chroot directories

From: Makoto Matsushita <matusita_at_jp.FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:17:06 +0900
DougB> Well, I'm sorry to say that I know of no way that we can fix
DougB> this problem. I'm certainly not going to try to re-engineer
DougB> something so that some users can avoid feeling a pressure that
DougB> doesn't really exist. :)

No problem :)

DougB> In the defaults don't work for you, you should edit
DougB> /etc/mtree/BIND.chroot.dist. That's why we give you the bits to
DougB> play with.

Ah, that's right.  My solid-state brain cannot imagine that I can
tweak /etc/mtree/BIND.chroot.dist file until you mentioned.  Thank you
so much.

DougB> I'm sorry to say, that this idea is not suitable.
(...)
DougB> In short, the defaults work, and do nothing to prevent users
DougB> from doing other things.

Hmm, it sounds reasonable, I'm happily accept current 6-current
setup.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita