ASUS on-board sk0 device problems

From: Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans_at_bredband.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:21:08 +0200
There is at least four PR's  about ASUS boards and their onboard
Marvel Yukon gigabit NIC's  ( sk0 ).

kern/71858
kern/71229
i386/71733
i386/67818

Unfortunately ASUS has this NIC on several of their newest Motherboards.

  ASUS A7V8X-E, K8V SE, A8V, p4p800  MOBO's All need  the sk0 driver

A lot of users  will get disappointed with FreeBSD if they hit this BUG
the first thing that happends after buying a new MOBO.
If its possible to fix this for 5.3 it should be done.
This problem was the primary reason why I bought a MSI board this time,
ASUS has a huge market share and the fact that this bug(s) plages the majority
of their modern MOBO's is serious.

 From freebsd-amd64 mailing list :

Java News wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just read some posts from July depended ASUS K8V SE Deluxe - I
> just bought such motherboard and got "sk0: watchdog timeout" everytime
> when I try to get something via Samba. I have quite problem free
> Internet connection - maybe beacause it's only 640/128 kbps, but when
> I try to transfer something over 100Mb/s ethernet sk0 just hung.
> Is it any solution so far? Is it FreeBSD problem or ASUS?
>
> Thx in advance,
> Lee

Regards
//Lars Tunkrans