Re: Just updated to 5.3-BETA7 -couple nits

From: Mike Hunter <mhunter_at_ack.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:22:37 -0700
On Oct 05, "Kim Culhan" wrote:

> >From the couple small nits dept..
>
> After running mergemaster and rebooting, the boot hung with:
>
> /etc/defaults/rc.conf: 517: Syntax error: EOF in backquote
> substitution

I've seen that bogus error message when I make crontab entries that are
too complicated/long.  Putting the command in a separate blah.sh file and
running that file from the crontab (with the exact same text) eliminates
the problem for me...so I suspect something somewhere doesn't like to
interpret long lines.

Mike