Re: [BETA7-panic] sodealloc(): so_count 1

From: Marc <ubm_at_u-boot-man.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:32:20 +0200
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:41:37 -0400
Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 09:01:04AM +0200, Marc UBM Bocklet wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:07:01 -0400
> > Vlad <marchenko_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Welcome to the club, Marc
> > >
> > > I have the the same problem,  here is several observes  that I've
> > > made:
> > >
> > > 1) doesn't happen if kernel compiled w/o SMP
> >
> > I'll try booting with a non-SMP kernel after the next panic.
> >
> > > 2) happen under heavy traffic
> >
> > Nope, there is only light traffic here when it panics (adsl with
> > pppoe, but the line is never maxed out)
> >
> > > 3) I had problems  with my network configuration (incorrect
> > > broadcast assigned to aliased ip on interface) + packets loss
> > > issue (switch side). when those two issues has been resolved it
> > > seems that it's working more stable now.
> >
> > Nope, nothing like that here. No packet loss, no configuration
> > problems.
> >
> > > anything common with the above on your end?
> >
> > Let's hope we can narrow it down on smp/non-smp.
>
> What kind of socket was it?  What address family, protocol type
> (stream, datagram, etc.), listening, bound, connected?

I have no idea but maybe the backtrace/db output shows something you can
use.

If not, how can I get that information? :-)

Attached are dmesg, output from db and my kernel config.

As I've described in another mail, another symptom is that the light on
my switch where the cable to my fxp card is plugged in starts flashing,
just as if there were lots of traffic going through.

Bye
Marc