Re: csh is root's shell?

From: Vulpes Velox <v.velox_at_vvelox.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:04:05 -0500
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:02:38 +0300
Nikolay Kalev <nkalev_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:42:35 +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu
> <itetcu_at_people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:20:34 +0300
> > Nikolay Kalev <nkalev_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Put sum tcshrc scripts from tcshrc.sf.net and it will be better
> > > then bash. I think i;m on my way to create a patch for that
> > > :-))).
> >
> > I've recently discussed with the port maintainer of tcshrc to work
> > at an update of the port (our distfile is from 2003), but if you
> > have already done work is this area please say, I don't wanna
> > duplicate yours.
> >
> > If not, maybe I can send you a diff when is ready to test it ?
> >

> Ok here is a Simple dot.tcshrc file which needs more testing and
> cleanup. I removed some stuff which are not working very well under
> FreeBSD in new versions of tcshrc scripts from the original author.

How do you get the time thing working?

Pasted this into my .cshrc, but it did not have any affect... :/
set time=(8 "\
Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : %Us\
Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : %Ss\
Total time                              : %Es\
CPU utilisation (percentage)            : %P\
Times the process was swapped           : %W\
Times of major page faults              : %F\
Times of minor page faults              : %R")

Also had no luck with this bit, or any of the other F key ones, either
under console or from within X :/
        bindkey    ^[[[A   run-help
        bindkey       run-help

I just get a n "Ubound extended key "run-help"" upon starting it.