can someone please fix mergemaster and bind?

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:59:05 -0700
It is painful to have my setup destroyed after every mergemaster.
Anyone with bind9 setup and running should not try this without first
backing up their /var/named/etc/namedb directory:

mergemaster
  *** There is no installed version of
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost.rev

  Use 'd' to delete the temporary
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost.rev
  Use 'i' to install the temporary
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost.rev

  Default is to leave the temporary file to deal with by hand

How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later]

   *** ./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost.rev installed successfully

  *** There is no installed version of
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost-v6.rev

  Use 'd' to delete the temporary
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost-v6.rev
  Use 'i' to install the temporary
./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost-v6.rev

How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later]

   *** ./var/named/etc/namedb/PROTO.localhost-v6.rev installed
successfully

  *** There is no installed version of ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf

  Use 'd' to delete the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf
  Use 'i' to install the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf

How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later]

   *** ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.conf installed successfully

  *** There is no installed version of ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.root

  Use 'd' to delete the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.root
  Use 'i' to install the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.root

How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later]

   *** ./var/named/etc/namedb/named.root installed successfully

  *** There is no installed version of
./var/named/etc/namedb/make-localhost

  Use 'd' to delete the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/make-localhost
  Use 'i' to install the temporary ./var/named/etc/namedb/make-localhost

How should I deal with this? [Leave it for later]
run mergemaster again and it does the same thing!!!  Fix my named.conf
and it is deleted again with mergemaster.

Cheers,
Sean