rndc/bind9 weirdness

From: Matt Smith <matt_at_xtaz.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:35:01 +0100 (BST)
Anyone else seen an issue like this with the new bind9:

root_at_kai[~]# rndc reload
server reload successful
root_at_kai[~]# rndc reload
rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect,
or the key is invalid.

Basically you can only reload it once and then it'll refuse to talk unless
you run /etc/rc.d/named restart.

I am using RELENG_5 and the only bind related things I have in rc.conf are
named_enable="YES" and so it's using the default chroot setup.

I'm guessing the chroot is what's screwing with it but is this expected
behavior?