Re: OSPF: can't setsockopt IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP (AllSPFRouters): Operation not permitted

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Jan Vyhlidka wrote:

> Thanks for nice tip. It is working now.

I've noticed that the 'sdr' multicast application is working not at all on
my 6.x box, but used to.  Are you able to run that configuration on 4.x or
earlier 5.x without privilege?  Maybe we're looking at a regression
associated with privileges in the network stack?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research